Happy New Year! Another year has come to an end and it is time for monthly favorites! If you missed the November favorites post, at the end of each month, I tell you about my favorite items, trends, movies, songs, etc., that I was loving during the previous month.
The month of December is an overall favorite of mine because Christmas, duh! But, aside from the holiday’s I did find a few new products to love.
My favorite lip combo that I wore during the month of December was by pure accident. I had decided to wear Kylie’s lip liner in Coconut and matte lipstick in the color Maliboo. Later, I was out and about and needed a gloss, so I grabbed my go-to, Doll10 high shine liquid lip in Girl Next Door. I LOVED the way it looked so much, I kept wearing it throughout the rest of the month.
Another favorite of mine is the OPI Gel Polish in the color Cajun Shrimp. It is the most beautiful coral red that really makes a statement.
Studded books are all the rage. I have a pair similar to these I’ve been wearing lately. They are suede studded pointed toe books with black snakeskin heels. I got mine from Fransescas, but these from Lulus are close!
I am a big Ariana Grande fan and have been listening to her Sweetener album non-stop. And of course, her single “thank u, next.”
Can we just talk about how Netflix killed the Christmas movie game this year?! You bet I watched them. My favorite was The Princess Switch with all time fav, Vanessa Hudgens.
One of my favorite recipes to make during December is baked chicken “spaghetti.” This keto friendly recipe is delicious and simple.
- Spaghetti squash
- 1 lb cooked chicken, boneless, skinless
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 chopped onion
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Cut spaghetti squash vertically and remove seeds
- Season the squash with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove the squash from the oven and lightly scrape the insides with a fork
- Saute the chopped onion with the butter and garlic powder
- Mix the cooked chicken and spaghetti squash with the sour cream, cooked onions, and half of the cheddar cheese
- Put the mixture in a casserole dish and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes and serve!
That concludes my December favorites. I hope you have a blessed and happy 2019!
See what I’m up to: